What to expect from Chinese consumers in 2023.
China is one of the largest consumers of crayfish in the world, with a growing appetite for the freshwater crustacean. Here are some key trends and outlooks for crayfish consumption in China:
- Growing popularity: Crayfish has become a popular food item in China, particularly in urban areas, and its popularity is continuing to grow. This is due in part to its flavor, as well as its reputation as a healthy and nutritious food.
- Rising disposable income: As the Chinese economy continues to grow, disposable income is increasing, and more people are able to afford crayfish. This is driving demand for the crustacean.
- Expansion of crayfish farming: To meet the growing demand for crayfish, there has been an increase in the number of crayfish farms in China. This is making it easier for people to access crayfish and contributing to its growing popularity.
- Innovations in production: China’s crayfish industry is using new technologies to improve production methods and increase efficiency. This is helping to ensure a stable supply of crayfish to meet the growing demand.
- Emerging markets: As crayfish consumption continues to grow, new markets are emerging, including the hotel, restaurant, and institutional (HRI) sector, and the e-commerce sector.
Overall, the outlook for crayfish consumption in China is positive, with increasing demand and a growing market. The expansion of crayfish farming and innovation in production are also contributing to the growth of the industry.